Nationwide Launch - Open Electricity Market
With the Open Electricity Market launched nationwide, households and businesses will now have the freedom to switch their electricity provider.
Choose Sembcorp Power as your preferred power provider to enjoy flexible pricing plans and greater savings on your electricity bills. Sembcorp also offers blended-green power plans, which use sustainable energy to power homes. When you choose Sembcorp Power, you will be supporting our journey towards a greener and more sustainable environment. For every 24-month power plan signed, over 500kg of carbon dioxide emissions are avoided, that is as much as 650,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions avoided if Sembcorp powers all of Singapore's households!*
About the Open Electricity Market:
1. Open Electricity Market will fully launch on 1 May 2019, across whole of Singapore.
2. With Open Electricity Market, you can switch to your ideal power provider to enjoy flexible pricing plans and greater savings on your electricity bill.
3. Learn about the different retailers you can choose from: https://www.ema.gov.sg/retailers.aspx
4. Switching of power retailer will not affect your electricity supply. SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid- delivering electricity to everyone.
5. It is not compulsory for all residents to switch. There is no deadline for switching. You may continue buying electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff and switch at any point of time in future.