Nationwide Launch - Open Electricity Market
The nationwide launch of Open Electricity Market will roll out progressively across four geographical zones across Singapore from 1 November 2018. Households and businesses in the respective zones will have the freedom to choose and switch to a retailer, at a price plan that best meet your needs.
About the Open Electricity Market:
1. Open Electricity Market will fully launch on 1 May 2019, across whole of Singapore.
2. With Open Electricity Market, you can switch to your ideal power provider to enjoy flexible pricing plans and greater savings on your electricity bill.
3. Learn about the different retailers you can choose from: https://www.ema.gov.sg/retailers.aspx
4. Switching of power retailer will not affect your electricity supply. SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid- delivering electricity to everyone.
5. It is not compulsory for all residents to switch. There is no dateline for switching. You may continue buying electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff and switch at any point of time in future.